Thursday, March 29, 2012

M90F (vs. P90X) - Day 39: sleep is good

follow me on Twitter:  @matt_miller_c

email me at: matt.miller.c@gmail.com
find me on Facebook



Series:  "M90F: Matt's 90-day Fitness"

Day: 39

Activities: UPPER BODY - Hand-stand push-ups, push-ups, Ab-wheel, Walking.

Hand-stand push-ups are coming along nicely.  I can go further down on each rep now, but still not more than about half-way down.  I feel more stable, though (which is a huge part of what strength is: muscle memory).

I saw an interesting article on MSN about how lack of sleep can thwart efforts to shed pounds:  http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/5-ways-sleeping-less-makes-you-gain/slide/1

(It's from the same main MSN sub-site I've seen good articles on before: fitbie.msn.com)

If only getting enough sleep was easy to do.  Not enough hours in the day as it is.  I already go to bed like an old man at about 9:00 on average (yes, some days at 8:30, but others at 9:30).  During the work week it's like I just wake up (5:00), work, work out, eat, and sleep again.  That's 8 hours of sleep.  I don't know if I can pack any more hours into the night and still eat dinner!  I suppose 8 hours is ok, though.  Some people only sleep 5 hours!  I can't even fathom it.

I hope you have a great workout today!


No comments:

Post a Comment