Tuesday, March 6, 2012

M90F (vs. P90X) - Day 16: indoor boot camp


follow me on Twitter:  @matt_miller_c

email me at: matt.miller.c@gmail.com
find me on Facebook



Series:  "M90F: Matt's 90-day Fitness"

Day: 16

Activities: LOWER BODY - Plyo-lunges, Jumping Jacks, High-knees, Squat thrusts.



Windy outside today!  Wind advisories in Nevada are not silly; we could barely see the mountains on the way home from work today because of all the sand in the air (and in my eyes from walking to my car!).  Metal light poles fallen in the streets with glass shattered all around, power outages, etc.

Needless to say, I didn't go walking.  Instead I took the opportunity to switch gears (as I've been meaning to do).  Time to amp up the cardio factor.  Start with some good, old jumping jacks!  You might think it sounds silly, but try to do them for just 5 minutes straight and we'll see if you're laughing then; stay up on your toes and keep those arms moving above your head.

Here's my indoor routine today:

10 minutes, split up into:
A)  2.5 minutes jumping jacks
B)  2.5 minutes Plyo-lunges
C)  2.5 minutes Squat thrusts
D)  2.5 minutes High-knees


10 minutes stretching, split into:
A)  Splits
B)  Hurdler stretches


Do this 20 minute set-up 3 times (i.e. 60 minutes total).  If you can do it non-stop and all-out without puking, you're my hero.

Here's the Squat thrusts mentioned above:

Here's the High-knees mentioned above:

Sorry for the undies showing a bit, my shorts are getting a little too loose!

Lastly, here's the cottage cheese whip with vanilla extract whipped into it on top of applesauce, on top of toast, with some grape nuts and cinnamon (not cinnamon sugar) that I mentioned in a previous blog entry.  It works out to be about maybe 250 calories total, and satisfies a sweet tooth for a good breakfast or a dessert after dinner instead of something unhealthy.


By the way, I've got blisters on my feet from the jumping jacks already, so don't overdo it the first day :)  Have a great workout today, even if it has to be indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment