Monday, February 27, 2012

M90F (vs. P90X) - Day 8



follow me on Twitter:  @matt_miller_c

email me at: matt.miller.c@gmail.com
find me on Facebook



Series:  "M90F: Matt's 90-day Fitness"

Day: 8

Activities: LOWER BODY - Lunges, Calf-raises, Walking.



4:40 a.m. the alarm clock goes off, 4:40 p.m. I leave to go on my walk.

You know how you are high-energy when you're at work sometimes towards the end of the day, pushing through until you get home, and then you crash?  Doing you exercise is part of your job; when you get home, don't sit down.  Maintain that high-energy and let it encompass your exercise hour.


Think about it:  it's harder to lose weight than it is to maintain a healthy weight.  It's like being in financial debt: you could be making progress but it doesn't feel like it because you're still on a zero surplus diet.  Alright, I'm not sure where the 2 analogies started/stopped, but you get the point.  If you're losing 1/5 pound per day but not eating anything 'fun' right now, just remember than once you've lost the weight, you can eat 1/5 pound of 'fun' food and be breaking even.


In a previous blog entry, I mentioned taking protein.  Then I read something about the possibility of soy protein growing breast tissue in men.  So if you have this question: "Does soy protein grow breast tissue?"   then read this article on soy protein:  http://sisterearthorganics.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/little-boys-developing-breasts-the-soy-controversy/    (it also has other interesting information in it as well)


For the first time in I don't even know how long, probably 2-3 years ago, I felt hungry tonight, hungry to the core.  Sometimes I've been more "starving" to eat than I was tonight, but I'm talking about the "I'm 9 years old and swam at the YMCA for 4 hours" type of hungry - I felt like my body actually requires food for energy.



O.k. that's it for tonight, I'm keeping it short.  If you haven't started your own 90-day push for summer, start now!  You're only 1 week behind me, and you can still be done by June 1st.

Let us know how your workouts are going!  Post a comment below this blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment