Friday, February 24, 2012

M90F (vs. P90X) - Day 5


follow me on Twitter:  @matt_miller_c

email me at: matt.miller.c@gmail.com
find me on Facebook



Series:  "M90F: Matt's 90-day Fitness"

Day: 5

Activities: UPPER BODY - Push-ups, Crunches, Walking.


Wow, am I sore today!  (From my upper-body workout 2 days ago).  I think I overdid my pull-ups, and my abs and hip-flexors were shredded from leg scissors.  Both when I woke up, and when I got home from work today, I had thoughts of skipping my weight-bearing exercises, but I have 2 rules I made for myself many years ago...

1)  Don't make any decisions regarding fitness in the morning (until after the coffee kicks in).


2)  Don't make any decisions regarding fitness right after school (until after the coffee kicks in).

Yes, I drink LOTS of coffee.  It's zero calories, and it's liquid motivation.

I still did 2 sets of push-ups, and one set of crunches, plus a small set of side crunches each side.  Other than this, though, nothing novel today.  So instead, I thought I'd post my 'before' measurement pictures:


A friend of mine from high school (Brandon O., yes Brianne's brother) told me: if you want to add lean muscle mass, work out your legs!  The leg and related muscles (i.e. butt) are so much bigger than any other muscle group, you'll see great gains in muscle mass to help shred fat.





 There's the gut again - ahhh!




Yesterday I posted some info about Tomatoes and Strawberries; but you're crazy if you think you should just eat rabbit food!  You should also eat a LOT of protein; in fact, I have to supplement it to get as much as I need.  From sources such as Pavel Tsatsouline's 'Power to the People' and others, I feel that to add crazy muscle mass you should take in 2x g of protein as lean body weight.

Thanks to my sister for a great article about protein!  http://caloriecount.about.com/protein-powder-good-you-b557298?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_20120223&utm_term=title1

Did you know?  Because protein takes more work to digest, the net calories per gram is LESS than carbs?  Also WAY less than fat.  Lastly, alcohol is less that fat too!  Hurray!  (But alcohol is TERRIBLE for muscle regeneration... no drinking!)  Check it out:  http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/2220


Join in and give us your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment