Saturday, February 25, 2012

M90F (vs. P90X) - Day 6


follow me on Twitter:  @matt_miller_c

email me at: matt.miller.c@gmail.com
find me on Facebook



Series:  "M90F: Matt's 90-day Fitness"

Day: 6

Activities: LOWER BODY - Lunges, Walking, Stretching.



Today I'm still a bit sore from my upper-body 3 days ago.  If you overdo something, you can take up to 4-5 days off and not lose ground on it.  Also, my calves are really sore today from my lower body 2 days ago.  So I skipped the extras yesterday and today (i.e. the pull-ups and calves).

Instead I focused on stretching...

Seated hurdler stretch:
 (hurdler again)
 Glute stretch (i.e. butt):
 (Glute again)

I also did a lot with my splits, but didn't have time for pics of that; I'll get some more later.  Also, I actually prefer to do my hurdler stretch seated in a chair, with my leg being stretched on another chair; I get more leverage this way, especially now when I'm not very flexible.  You can do these standing as well, which I like too.

I am NOT naturally flexible.  I also wasn't when I was in Tae Kwon Do for many years.  But after doing only a few weeks of the PNF stretches (where you push/flex into the direction of the stretch, then release) I was so flexible people would comment on how I was so freakishly naturally flexible!

Lower back issues are often related to a lack of flexibility of the leg muscles.  I used to have serious back problems, but a great homeopathic doctor told me to do the splits, and I've been fine ever since.  Recently I've not been stretching, and last night I had a small back spasm.  If you're working out your muscles a lot, you must stretch to prevent injury!

Did you know?  Bowling burns over 200 calories per hour, compared with under 100 calories per hour just sitting.  (I'm going bowling tonight!)


Haven't heard from my P90X challenger again, but I'll keep you posted.  Get off your duff and join in the challenge!  Let me know how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment