Sunday, February 26, 2012

M90F (vs. P90X) - Day 7


follow me on Twitter:  @matt_miller_c

email me at: matt.miller.c@gmail.com
find me on Facebook



Series:  "M90F: Matt's 90-day Fitness"

Day: 7

Activities: UPPER BODY - Push-ups, Ab wheel, Shoulders and forearms, Walking.


Done with my first week!

Man!  What a busy day.  I woke up early today, so I went for a 3-4 mile walk (about 45 minutes).  Then I drove down to Henderson and bought a dart board for my brother Dave, and loaded and unloaded it from the car, then hauled it into the apartment with a dolly, and wrestled it into the office.  It's about 2x3x7 and I'm guessing it weighs about 500lbs.  Check it out (it's bigger than it looks; my head doesn't clear the target area and I'm almost 6 feet tall)...


It was a moment when I was EXTREMELY glad I've been working out; even just the week I've been working out has removed all the cobwebs and made me feel very comfortable moving this thing.  I couldn't find how many calories it burns moving a dart board...

Two sets of push-ups, two sets of ab wheel, and 3-4 more miles of walking finished the day today, putting me well over my 1 hour goal.

Did You Know?  Walking and running burn the same number of calories per mile!  The difference is only how long it takes, and so obviously you may have to walk for twice as much time to burn the same calories as a run covering the same distance, but the point is: don't feel like walking is not legit as exercise!  Walking is the most under-rated way to burn calories in my opinion.  It's low impact, free, scenic, fairly low impact, and easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment